This policy applies to students registering for and attending in-person and online classes and workshops.
Arts Alliance of Stratford (Hereafter “AAS” or “The Alliance”) is the organization under which classes are offered. If any classes are held in collaboration with another organization, it will be so noted, but these terms will apply in the same manner as stated here. These terms are non-negotiable and are enforceable according to the fullest extent of Connecticut and Federal law. Agreeing to these terms and conditions indicate your full understanding of and compliance with stipulations in this document.
Arts Alliance of Stratford is a 501C3 non-profit organization and reserves the right to refuse to conduct business with anyone who does not follow our complete policies, terms and conditions.
- Arts Alliance of Stratford reserves all copyrights and intellectual property rights. You may not record, photograph, distribute, share, copy or scan any of our materials, activities, methods, art, hand-outs or notes in any shape or form, in any capacity, in any publication, on any platform, or by any communication methods.
- Violation of our copyrights may lead to fines and/or prison sentences under State, Federal USA and international copyright laws.
Ethical business conduct:
- Our conduct code calls for respectful, ethical and legal conduct. Most of our classes are for adults aged 18+; those for minors require signed permission to participate by the students’ legal guardians.
- You may not disparage our reputation or organization in any way, shape or form.
- You may not promote your art or your business using our business as a platform nor may you appropriate any of our business to use with other individuals, businesses or organizations.
- You may not represent, or create anything in the name of the Alliance or claim endorsements from us in any way.
- Learning and results of our classes are your responsibility. Your ultimate results will be based on the time and effort you put into the class and assignments.
- We do not promote your art or advance your creative business in any form.
- You agree that any work presented is your own.
- You agree to participate according to the scheduled class dates and times and to respond to all email communications in a timely fashion.
- You are responsible for your own art process and environment at home, and for purchasing the required supplies you may need.
- If you do not follow our terms and conditions we can cancel your registration and you will lose your tuition.
Safe studio practice and liability:
- We are not liable for any theft, losses, damages, illnesses, injury, death that anyone may suffer while participating in our classes.
- We do not carry insurance on your behalf. You are responsible for your own safety and liable for any harm you cause to yourself or any third party.
- You agree to follow safety procedures, instructions, policies and requirements (verbal or written).
- You are responsible for wearing safe and appropriate clothing for the class(es) you participate in.
- We do not represent that we have the knowledge, capacity or equipment to assist students with disabilities.
- Students may not handle any supplies, equipment or furniture in or around our onsite studio without express permission.
- We cannot promise safe storage of your artwork.
- We are not liable for any medical and / or other types of unforeseen events or emergencies though we will assist as we can.
Classroom / online conduct:
- We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding disrespectful conduct: bullying, vulgar actions, harassment will result in immediate dismissal without refund of tuition. This policy applies to in person or online classes and covers students, instructors, contract workers, assistants, employees, families and properties.
Payments and Communications:
- You must pay the tuition for the full series at the time of registration.
- Once your registration and payment is completed, there will be no refunds or credits unless we cancel class due to low registration. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us BEFORE completing your payment.
- If a class is cancelled, discontinued or postponed, we will refund the proportion of tuition that has not been used. If you need to cancel for medical or other urgent reasons, we may consider partial refunds. Documentation will be required for consideration.
- Payments and communications are handled online.
- Payments through the workshop registration form is PayPal only. If for any reason the student is not redirected to PayPal, the student accidentally closes the PayPal page before payment is completed, or through some other glitch, we can offer these alternative methods of payment to complete the registration; credit cards, checks or money orders in US Dollar currency.
- You will not be redirected to payment unless terms and conditions are agreed upon by checking the box on the registration form.
- Arts Alliance is a nonprofit arts organization and as such offers non-degree granting classes and workshops. We are not accredited to award degrees or certificates.
- The Alliance reserves the right to change or update our policies, terms and conditions at any time. This agreement will still be binding.
Students will be notified when any significant changes in policy, terms and conditions ever occur.