VOLUNTEER POSITION: Volunteer Coordinator
TIME COMMITMENT: Average 1-2 hours/week. Some weeks there will be no work; leading up to an event, there may be more.
DESCRIPTION: The Volunteer Coordinator recruits, orients, manages, trains and acknowledges volunteers for Alliance events and tasks, with support of the Board of Directors and committee Chairs.
Some of the tasks we need the coordinator to do:
- Work with the board and committees, help identify and describe tasks needed by the organization
- Survey existing members of the Alliance and community at large to identify potential volunteers
- Interview potential volunteers
- Prepare and orient new volunteers with clear expectations and a job description
- Manage volunteers and assist where needed
- Acknowledge volunteers with an event to thank them
- The most important quality we look for is reliability.
- If you commit to helping, we will be relying on you for an integral part of the event
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Willingness to learn about the Alliance and what we do
Desirable, but willing to train:
- Social media posting skills
- Photography, videography skills